Big Idea Blitz
Reformatted for 2022! Our classic 24-hour competition has been reworked to provide even more mentorship and idea development opportunities for your idea.
As part of this Fall’s Blitz, your team will participate in a 24-hour workshop with Big Idea Center staff and entrepreneurs in residence. The workshop will include 1-on-1 coaching, practice pitch rounds, and feedback. After one week of concentrated work on your ideas, your team will return for final presentations in front of a group of guest judges!
This program is an opportunity for students to engage with innovation and entrepreneurship in an environment built for teams from all levels and disciplines. Push the limits of what you originally thought possible and prepare your idea prior to participating in one of our larger competition opportunities, such as the Kuzneski Innovation Cup!
Days, times, and location for Big Idea Blitz events are subject to change. Last updated 8/30/2022.
The Big Idea Center will follow the University of Pittsburgh’s COVID-19 requirements and thus reserves the right to make any necessary event changes in order to comply with Pitt’s COVID-19 policies.
September 18 @ 5:00 P.M. – Application deadline (only the first 20 eligible teams will be admitted!)
September 23 @ 4:00-6:00 P.M. (in-person @ Big Idea Center) – Team introduction and elevator pitches (REQUIRED)
September 24 @ 8:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M. (virtual) – Workshop with Big Idea Center staff and entrepreneurs in residence
- 8:00-8:30 A.M. – Informational session and workshop open (REQUIRED)
- 8:30 A.M.-2:00 P.M. – 1-on-1 coaching and team independent study (30-minute, pre-scheduled sessions)
- 2:00-4:00 P.M. – Practice pitches with entrepreneurs in residence (REQUIRED)
September 30 @ 4:00-6:00 P.M. (in-person @ Big Idea Center) – Final presentations and winners’ announcement
- 4:00-5:30 P.M. – Pre-scheduled, 15-minute pitch sessions with guest judges (REQUIRED)
- 5:45-6:00 P.M. – Winners’ announcements (in-person @ Big Idea Center and live broadcast via Zoom)
- Teams must consist of at least 2 or more current Pitt students
- Students from other institutions are welcome to participate, but may not win any money.
- You must come with an existing idea to work on throughout the week
- Deadline to apply is September 18 @ 5:00 P.M.
All students who wish to participate in Blitz must attend all listed events. If a student cannot attend the first day, they will not be eligible to present or win money.
All offerings and prizes are not transferable.
Looking to build your team for Big Idea Blitz? Use our TeamFinder tool to recruit team members!
Up to 20 teams will be selected to participate.